Vol. 7 / Issue 73 Thursday, June 4, 2015 GOLD DAY: 2 - 4 - 6
John F. Kennedy’s mission is to develop our island students to become globally primed high achievers.
Our ESLRs: John F. Kennedy High School students will be responsible citizens, problem solvers,
effective communicators, and technologically literate.
· Summer school list will be posted on Friday. Mandatory Orientation will be on June 19 at 8:00 A.M in the cafeteria. Please, call the school to verify if you are in the list.
· Congratulations to the newly elected officers for school year 2015-2016: WAY: President-Ashley Borgonia, Vice President-Robert Perez, Treasurer-Chino Cruz, Secretary-Bryan Mendiola, PRO-Danic Tan; C/O 2016: President-James Tenorio, Vice President-Mikayla Datu, Treasurer–Cameron Diaz, Secretary– Czarina Camaganacan, PRO–Quincy Garin; C/O 2017: President–Jessica Shon, Vice President–Sheena Vista, Treasurer–Kiana Gwekoh, Secretary–Riciajoy Padilla, PRO–Joshua Reyes; C/O 2018: President – Talisa Kakas, Vice President–Keoni Maglona, Treasurer–Tracy Sowade, Secretary–Yi Peng Wei, PRO – Megan Babauta!
· Please review the yellow summer work flier from Mrs. Bollinger and Mrs. Tydingco if taking Spanish next school year. It is posted around the courtyard and in rooms F105 & F202. It includes lists of artists, songs and movies that you may want to review. Gracias!
· June 5 will be an early release for the students (from 6:50 to 10:15).
· Would you like to be a pianist for your school choir next year and earn credit while you're at it? Vivace needs you! If interested please see Mrs. Sablan in the choir room (D101) for more information as soon as possible.
· This week, the last week of school, students will not be allowed to carry backpacks and duffle bags to school. Only clear plastic bags will be allowed for those bringing lunch or PE clothes.
FROM THE COUNSELORS – see your counselor for details.
· The Japanese Government is offering a five-year scholarship to study at a Japanese university. Scholarship is for US citizens who have completed high school. Please, see your counselors for more information. Deadline isJune 15, 2015.
· June 5 will be an early release for the students (from 6:50 to 10:15). The teacher workday commences once the students are released. All faculty and staff are to meet in the cafeteria at 11 A.M. Attendance is expected.
· As per DOE SOP#200-006 – (1) attendance should be recorded daily per period in PowerTeacher; (2) PT grade books are to be updated weekly at minimum with grades for assignments, tests, quizzes and any other components. On Fridays during homeroom, please have your students remain standing during the Kennedy Alma Mater. The campus gates are secured at3:00 P.M. daily.
· We are a Closed Campus. Please notify the front office if you are expecting a visitor on campus so that the main gate attendant allows the visitors entry.
HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!!!